There was a time when people will only see self-driving cars, facial recognition, and other types of technologies as things that they can see in the movies. Now, these are things that people use daily. It’s common for people to use face recognition whenever they have to unlock their smartphones. Some also use it when they want to enter their homes. This can be done with the help of image video annotation.
The thing about Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning is they can only be as good as the person who has programmed them. Picture annotation needs to be done properly otherwise all of the pictures will just be the same to the computer. For example, if you want the machine to distinguish a cabbage from lettuce, you need to find professionals who can properly annotate pictures.
Should You Hire an In-House Picture Annotation Team?
Picture annotations are known to be very time-consuming and tedious. It’s expensive to hire an in-house team because aside from trying to get huge quantities of data that you can use, you need to consider the costs of their benefits and their salaries. It is best to consider outsourcing a team of people who can work on picture annotation.
Pros of Outsourcing Professionals to Do Picture Annotation
Annotation pictures may not seem complex when you do not know anything about it. The more that you learn about it and the more that you delve into it, the more you will realize just how complicated it can be. These are some pros of outsourcing not only picture annotations but all of the other data annotation services.
- Annotating pictures will not be as time-consuming. You do not want to spend too much time on doing this task as there are other things that your business has to work on. Outsourcing will help you look for annotators that will have the skillset that you are searching for. Their expertise will speed up the process.
- Scale depending on your company’s needs. You may have a project that will require a huge group of people to check an annotated picture at the same time. You may also have projects that can be completed by one or two people. Outsourcing means that they can work on a per-project basis so you can scale up or down depending on your needs.
- Expect high data quality. If you would hire from companies that provide data annotators, you know that they have already given proper training. Professionals who have done sentiment analysis NLP and other types of data annotation will know the right tools and techniques to get your project done easily.
- Get rid of possible bias. In-house employees may tend to be biased towards the work that they are making. Outsourcing people will let you know if you have the right quantity of data. You may also learn some details on how to improve your data further.
- Costs are going to be lower. The cost of living in other countries can be lower as compared to the place where you are now. The rates of outsourced data annotators may be lower which also means lower costs for you.
- Outsourced annotators tend to be more flexible. They know that things are constantly changing. They make sure to keep up with the changing times to make it easier for them to be hired.
- Hire depending on the skillset that you are looking for. The problem with hiring in-house employees is you will be stuck with people who may be good at doing some things but may not be good at others. You can hire people this time depending on the skillset that you are looking for.
- You will have better options available. Some annotators are competing to be hired. Even if the demand is great, you are looking for some specific things that not everyone can offer. You may want someone who can do text data collection and know how to annotate picture too.
- Reduce the time to hire employees per project. The hiring process can take a long time. This isn’t the best circumstance to spend too much time on hiring especially if you have a project with a set deadline. Outsourcing can make the hiring process faster so that there will be more time to work on the project.
- Reporting will be easier. You can hire a member of the team who will act as the leader. This is the person who will report to you and will let you know about the progress of the project easily.
Outsourcing People Who Can Do Image Annotation
There are various ways that you can outsource people who can work on annotation pictures:
- Hire Freelancers – The major advantage of this is you can hire from different websites. One possible disadvantage is you are not sure about the quality of work that they can give. They can work on annotation pictures but they may not be up to par with what you are looking for.
- Hire a Managed Labeling Service – The major advantage of this is they will be following a framework that can work for your project. A major disadvantage is you cannot expect any loyalty from the person who will work on your project.
- Hire a Dedicated Labeler – This is someone who has undergone proper training from the BPO company so you will not doubt his/her skills. A disadvantage is the costs may not be as low as you were expecting.
Let Us Help You Get the Best High-Quality Picture Annotation Services Available
You deserve to get the best high-quality picture services and we will help you with that. All you have to do is contact us soon. We can give you a quote depending on your project and the services that you have in mind. Connect with us soon and let us help you out.